Wizont needs to gather and use certain information about individuals.
These can include customers, suppliers, employees and other people the company has a relationship with.
This policy describes how this personal data must be collected, handled and stored to meet the compnay’s data protection standards.
Why this policy exists
This data protection policy ensures Wizont:
- Complies with data protection law and follow good practice
- Protects the rights of staff, customers and partners
- Is open about how it stores and processes individual’s data
- Protects itself from the risk of a data breach
Data protection law
The data protection describes how organisations, including Wizont must collect, handle and store personal information.
These rules apply regardless of whether data is stored electronically, on paper or on other materials.
To comply with the law, personal information must be collected and used fairly, stored safely and not disclosed unlawfully.
The data protection Act is underpinned by eight important principles. These say that personal data must:
- Be processed fairly and lawfully
- Be obtained only for specific, lawful purposes
- Be adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Be accurate and kept up to date
- Not be geld for and longer than necessary
- Processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects
- Be protected in appropriate ways
- Be Protected outside the European Economic Area, unless that country or territory also ensures an adequate level of protection